Wednesday 10 March 2010


This week I am feeling pretty stressed out having the "to much to do and not enough time to do it" freak out but I feel like i am starting to make progress. I had a successful shoot in the studio for my CAP unit and think i have some final images from which does wonders for motivation! I have set myself a target of emailing people today about work experience as its looming and yet another thing for me to worry about so hoping that i will get some positive responses soon. Anyway this week i have decided to include an image by Chris Craymer as my image of the week. I recently bought his Romance book on the trip to new york and over the past few weeks haven't been able to stop looking at it. Its a vast project consisting of hundreds of images both colour and black and white. Craymer is a prolific photographer who is represented in London, New York and Paris and works for a variety of editorial clients such as American, British, Indian and Korean Vogue, British, French and American Glamour as well as many more. He has achieved great success with his commercial and editorial work and still creates his own personal projects.
'Romance' is a celebration of love. The couples used some of them models some of them not are all together, real couples in varying stages of their relationships. Chris captures the random details that add truth to the project.
'It's all about trust, I wait for something to happen and I never doubt that it will- however long it takes' Chris Craymer.
Romance is about moments which i think although they are in someway constructed he captures brilliantly. He lets the subject become so involved in each other that the camera is side lined and they almost forget that it is there. The set of the images is formal bu he allows room for flexibility. He creates the frame but leaves room for freedom. Both images are from http://www.chriscraymer.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment